View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
ChaseB
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview

During the three years I have been on staff here at OS, I have been one of the more vocal critics of the Madden franchise. It's not that I have anything against the series, I just have never been able to understand how a company's flagship yearly title (in the US), one that carries the weight of an NFL exclusive license, could lag so far behind its genre-specific competition since the jump to the current generation of consoles. Believe me when I say that my expectations for Madden 12 coming into E3 today were pretty low -- Madden 11 felt more like a stopgap in the series than a true upgrade from Madden 10, and I was at the point of simply accepting that Madden would never achieve the completeness seen in games such as NBA 2K11 and the MLB: The Show series.

I'll be honest, I think I may have been wrong in a very big way. Based on what I played today, Madden is back, and it's well on its way to being mentioned with the elite sports games of this generation.

(Please Note: These impressions are based solely upon exhibition gameplay. Franchise mode and Superstar mode were not available for play or discussion at this time.)

Read More - OS at E3: Madden NFL 12 Preview
Advertisements - Register to remove