View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #9
Steven547
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: OS at E3: WWE '12 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
In a way, yes. Your moveset is sort of out of your hands in some respects as certain moves change/unlock as matches continue..
Hmm...very mixed on this...This definitely sounds scripted. You can only pull off certain moves at certain times...? If I wanted to perform, as stated in another post, a bodyslam at the beginning of the match, I can't unless the CPU decides it's okay to do so now. Bodyslams (as an example) can happen ANY time during a real match..just as any other move can happen.

Maybe this is THQ's way of lengthening the match, which is a pretty bad way of doing it. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm still waiting for news / features that will make this a "must buy" game. So far, it feels they are limiting us again in order to make up for other errors (longer matches instead of quick pins.)

But as Chase said, maybe we have to play it to get an understanding of it. So far though, the marketing department of THQ has not won many people over yet. Guess I was expecting more "oomph" news at E3 from THQ. Even if they released an "unfinished" DEMO of this gameplay, it would certainly help us understand what is going on here.