View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #234
Psyblast
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Some pretty eyebrow-raising stuff in the last two Detroit News articles from Sam Webb.

http://detnews.com/article/20110602/...g-for-U-M--MSU
http://detnews.com/article/20110609/OPINION03/106090302

Quote:
Bill Greene: No one really knows, but my guess is that it is going to be bad. I think it is going to be real bad. I think the kids they are after — the four- and five-star prospects like Se'Von Pittman (a four-star defensive end from Canton McKinley), Adolphus Washington (a five-star defensive end from Cincinnati Taft), and Greg McMullen (a four-star defensive end from Akron Archbishop Hoban) — it is going to be hard to get those guys.
Quote:
Bill Greene: I think Michigan absolutely has a legitimate shot at Brionte Dunn. I think Penn State would be appealing to him too. I would not be surprised to him take official visits in the fall regardless of him reaffirming his commitment to Ohio State two days ago. I think there is still some uncertainty there. I would never call into question a kid's statement that everything is fine and he is 100 percent committed, but I think we will see him on a few other campuses before he signs his letter of intent. Early on in the process when he talked Alabama, Florida, and those schools, I never really saw Brionte as a kid that would go a thousand miles from home. I just do not think he is that type of kid. I think any of the schools in the Midwest that can sell him on an I-formation, power running game has got a shot. I would put Michigan as the No. 1 competitor for Ohio State for Brionte Dunn and I would say Penn State is right there too. He said he's also going to visit Penn State.
Quote:
Bill Greene: I have known Se'Von since he was 12. I think I know him pretty well. He's another one that I don't think is going to go a thousand miles from home to college. I could be wrong, but I think with Se'Von Pittman it is a two-team race with Michigan and Ohio State. Everyone else is trying to get in where they can fit in. I think he is going to visit Alabama, I think he is going to visit Florida, but I think in the end he is going to stay close to his mom and play in the Midwest. Three months ago I would have said done deal Ohio State — total lock Ohio State. I certainly wouldn't say that today.
Quote:
Dave Berk: I think we were hearing from Adolphus and those close to Adolphus even back at the Columbus Nike camp that Ohio State has really moved down that list. Everyone expected Jim Tressel to fight this thing through, but now that he is no longer the head coach, I think it hurts Ohio State. I really think Michigan may be the program to beat.
Quote:
Allen Trieu: There has been some question with people around Ohio State and our insiders as to whether or not Stanford has a committable offer. If it comes out being the case that he does not have one, I think it would affect them greatly because those two definitely want to play together. As far as the recent events at Ohio State go, I think it is going to affect Washington and his dad's stance a little. I think it is a wait-and-see thing with what is going to happen. While they are waiting things out, that opens the door for a lot of schools to come in on Washington and Stanford. As for where Michigan and Michigan State stand, I really think Michigan has a good chance. They need to get those guys on campus. They have shown interest in coming up to visit, which obviously the first step. With Michigan State, I honestly don't hear Michigan State mentioned too much for those guys.
Quote:
Bill Greene: I do not think Ohio State is a clear favorite for Adolphus Washington, and yes I did say (Ohio State was the favorite) back in February because it was true at the time. It is not now. I talked to his dad when they were at the Nike camp. I would think for Adolphus Washington, Ohio State is there, but Michigan is in really good shape.
Quote:
Bill Greene: I would put him in the wide-open category. I think he is a Notre Dame, Michigan battle. I think Ohio State is lurking. I certainly wouldn't put Ohio State as the favorite. I think they've lost a lot of ground with Tom Strobel. I don't see Tom Strobel going 3,000 miles away to Stanford. I could be wrong. If he visits there and falls in love, you never know. But I think Michigan and Notre Dame are in really good shape for him.