View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Radja
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How to get more rebounds from individual players?

keep in mind your coaching sliders during the game. you can increase your rebounding and fast break sliders for example.

also on timeouts use your temporary focus for things like rebounding and defense.

sometimes we take guys away from rebounds by focusing on help defense too much also. if you take him out of position either manually or by over using help defense he cannot get rebounds.

substitute correctly. if he is tired he will get out rebounded.

the last thing i am adding is what really makes NBA 2k11 most enjoyable for me but some people wont do this:

don't compare real life stats to what the video game version does. when i just take each player for what they are playing like in the game, i am much happier with any video game.

for example, on my franshise i have players who are not doing anything in real life who are gettting valuable minutes on my team. they are mostly role players, but when i stop worrying whether Player A can or cannot dunk or shoot like he just did and accept the game as just a game, you really start to immerse yourself in the game like never before.

for example, i have played almost every game in my franchise. i am in the second round of the playoffs after finishing 38-44. i made some trades and used my role player until i figured out what each can do and used them accordingly.

now i am already thinking about what i need to improve on the coaching staff, who fits into next years plans and who i should draft to maximize my team next season.

i hope some of this helps.