View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #32
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

Game 14 Springfield Armor 81 – 72 Maine Red Claws

Springfield played tough D all night, but Ewing Jr. still recorded another double-double.

Dec 26, 2011 - SPR at MNE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Springfield Armor (6-6)1519202781
Maine Red Claws (12-1)2120161572
Maine Red Claws
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Ewing Jr.296-101-11-210310114

Armor Starters
J. McNeal
J. Diebler
D. Butler
E. Clark
C. Hunter

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Acker
M. Gelabale
P. Ewing Jr.
P. Morrison

Game Leaders
Pts - 18 - M. Gelabale (Red Claws)
Rebs - 10 - P. Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Asts - 5 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Stls - 2 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Blks - 3 - P. Morrisson (Red Claws)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“Stunned. Armor beating us on our own patch? Thats twice in 3 weeks we've lost to them now. We still lead the series 4-2 but damn! Not at home! Dont know how but they had answers for everything we done tonight. Justin Diebler (19), McNeal (16), Derrick Brown (13) and Earl Clark (12) just ran wild on us tonight. Clark and Hunter defended well and grabbed 8 boards each.”

" But even with all that we still played well. Gelly Belly had 18 points and 7 boards to aid my 14 and 10. I mean i had a double-double but never really played outstanding. Looks like i got to raise my playing level once again. A bonus for us was the production from rookie Big Pete, scoring 11 points off the bench. A few hard lessons to be learned here. Never ever write off your closest rivals. With that win they are 3rd in the East, 2 games behind the Energy, and a half game ahead of the Bayhawks. We've got the Bayhawks up next, and they'll be determined to catch the Armor with a win."

"In other news around the D-League, the Kings sent G Eugene Jeter down to the Reno Bighorns, the Spurs sent SF Davis Bertans down to the Toros. And finally the first call up! The Utah Jazz recalled SF Jeremy Evans from the Flash. Nothing major but at least its not just all one way traffic to the D-League!"

Last edited by RMJH4; 12-03-2021 at 02:56 PM.