Old 06-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #271
Sportsbuck
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
That's three lifelong OSU fans turning down the Buckeyes for other B1G schools in the last nine days. There seems to be a hole or two in the fence...
That's gonna happen with looming sanctions and an interim head coach... the fence just had a car drive right through it but we'll patch it back up with time. I blame the Dodson one more on Bollman's stupid OL recruitment philosophy more than anything else though, although I'm not sure you could call it a philosophy because there's no logic behind it. Great class of in-state studs along the OL and we offered 1... and we're targeting OOS guys that aren't gonna come because of looming sanctions, not to mention the odds of getting OOS OL in the first place.

The silver lining in Tressel being gone is that Bollman will be gone too, and with all of the success we had in the Tressel era I really wonder just how we could've done with a good offensive line, because the years we had a good one were really 01-02 (Filled with Cooper recruits + Mangold) and the past 2 years (Because we somehow landed 2 blue chip offensive lineman from OOS, plus got a gift in Boren). Offensive line recruiting under Tressel was abysmal to say the least.

Wasn't Michigan supposedly in the thick of it for Pittman? Not trying to start something Psy, just asking, I remember the Bank talking about it.

Last edited by Sportsbuck; 06-19-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove