View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #49
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

Game 21 New Mexico Thunderbirds 80 – 72 Maine Red Claws

One of the nasty dunks Ewing Jr. had tonight. Look out below Patrick Mills.

Jan 11, 2012 - @
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
(8-12)1821172480
(17-3)1917162072
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Ewing Jr.285-100-03-415301213

Thunderbirds Starters
P. Mills
J. Stackhouse
J. Williams
D. Songaila
E. Thomas

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Ray
M. Gelabale
P. Ewing Jr.
P. Morrison

Game Leaders
Pts - 23 - P. Mills (Thunderbirds)
Rebs - 15 - P. Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Asts - 8 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Stls - 2 - M. Landry (Red Claws)
Blks - 2 - J. Smith (Thunderbirds)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“What a team. They were stacked 6 deep in the post. So difficult to break down. I shot 5-10 and i was very pleased with that. First they had Songaila and Etan Thomas. Then they threw Joe Smith and Jamaal Magloire at us. And to top it all off, Shavlik Randolph and Francisco Elson strolled on for a few minutes. They were relentless on defense and we struggled big time. ”

" But even with all that we defended pretty well ourselves. Eddy Curry worked well with me, scoring 9 points and getting 9 boards. Big Pete Mo had 9 points and 5 rebounds too. Marcus Landry got some burn too, grabbing 4 boards. We tried to fight fire with fire in the post, but we were mismatched against so many 7 footers. You cant teach height. Or so the saying goes. Aside from that Patrick Mills showed he can run a team, and score in bucket loads. He had 23 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists. Then Jawad Williams chipped in with 11 points. But almost all their baskets were made by the post players."

"I seen scouts from the Magic and the Hornets here tonight, along with Suns and Kings scouts. The Magic guys were having a little chat with Demetris Nichols and Mickael Gelabale. The Hornets guys had a chat with Jawad Williams and Etan Thomas. And guess who the Suns and Kings wanted to talk to? Yes yours truly. They said that my performances have been tracked over the last few weeks. Very impressive numbers they said. At the moment the Suns are down Marcin Gortat with a broken back and Hakim Warrick seems to be all over the trade rumors. The Kings have very little frontcourt depth. DeMarcus Cousins is carrying the load, with Jason Thompson struggling to find form."

"So both teams are interested and will continue to monitor my progress. But the kicker is, The Suns are bottom in the West, and the Kings are 3rd last. But hey, it might just allow me to get some playing time. Watch this space. "

Last edited by RMJH4; 12-03-2021 at 02:58 PM.