View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #16
aksumite
Rookie

OVR: 4
Completely ONLINE Dynasty/Franchise/Association mode(s) is the way of the future for ALL major sports titles and should be considered MANDATORY.

I agree 100% with Jayson Young and Christian McLeod

Jayson Young: NCAA Football and Madden NFL are currently the only sports series to feature an online franchise mode. Even then, Madden's version of online franchise is so barebones and limited that it's really more like a "multi-season" mode than a true online franchise. Most sports gamers would agree that franchise mode is the best part of playing sports games. So why hasn't online franchise become a mandatory feature in every sports game?

Madden and NCAA are dull, underwhelming sports games when played offline. But in online leagues where all 32 NFL owners are human, or the SEC is run entirely by human coaches, these mediocre football titles become a lot more exciting. Madden NFL 10 was my sports game of the year in 2009, and it wasn't because the game itself was that great, but because the online franchise experience brought an otherwise boring game to life.

Christian McLeod: I'm with Jayson in thinking that every sports game from here on out needs a form of an online dynasty in it. Let's face it, we live in a world where social networking and MMOs have taken over. NCAA Football's Online Dynasty mode is simply amazing when you take a look at it in detail. Imagine every other sports game out there allowing you to hook up with at least one other person online (with other teams being CPU-controlled) and experiencing everything a franchise can offer together. Not only would this be groundbreaking in team-based games like NHL and NBA 2K, but imagine a WWE or NASCAR game where you play through PPV events or racing seasons with others.

Yes there are definitely some quirks that would need to be worked out in terms of scheduling, especially for sports with multiple games per week, but I am entirely confident that commissioner tools could be put in place to solve these issues. Sports gaming was founded on the couch with a group of friends, and the NCAA Football series has proven just how amazing playing from the next-generation couch can be. Mark it down developers everywhere, this feature needs to be required!