View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #297
TheTodd84
Rookie

OVR: 12
And I guess... the ONE thing I'd like to know is why the EA marketing team continues to cater to the casual gamer? Am I the only one who realizes that casual gamers do NOT buy the game every year? They buy NCAA 09 and then that's it and play it until they get sick of it and trade it in when call of duty comes out. And if they don't like it, they probably didn't like it because it DIDN'T PLAY WELL. That is the definition of a casual gamer. The Hardcore guys on here are the ones who buy the game every single year because they are huge college football fans. Those are the MAJORITY of the buyers of this game. Casual gamers have their mom's buy them the game for christmas and aren't standing in line at midnight to buy this game.

That's where I feel like EA doesn't have their priorities right. Why are you catering your sports game, which is a genre more conducive to hardcore fans than most others, to casual gamers who may or may not purchase the game on a yearly basis? Especially since the hardcore people WILL buy it every year. It doesn't make business sense. You can only have so many new buyers of a game each year before you hit a ceiling. That's why madden hasn't increased in sales... the hardcore people aren't buying the game because it's garbage and the amount of casual gamers buying the games are spending their money elsewhere on games they are more interested in, like call of duty or LA Noire.

Am I the only one who notices this?