Old 06-25-2011, 05:24 AM   #327
Psyblast
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
c/o 2013 looks to be stacked with talent in Ohio. Of course Iv'e heard the same thing about c/o 2012, 2011, 2010...etc.

Only time will tell. Still looks promising though.

2010 was actually a down year, IMO, despite Rivals giving three players 5 stars (when only one deserved it). There was quality top end talent (like there always is) with Hicks, Ware, Latwan (despite him being a psychopath), Norwell, Bryant, James (RIP), Heard, and a couple others, but overall it wasn't exceptionally deep. I thought last year was really good, deeper than 2010 and the top end talent was better than 2010's in my opinion with the Millers, Hayes, Grant, DePriest, Bennett, Walker, Hamilton, Vannett, Farris, Hardy, etc.

This year is the best in quite a while (was Ginn's class loaded?), I think. It's ridiculous enough with the 7-8 DEs, and then you have Kalis, Dunn, Ball, Mauk, Wilson, Bogard, Bolden, Ringer, Mahone, Stanford, Madaris, Dodson, Decker, Perry, etc. Just nuts.

The funny thing is a year ago Bam Bradley was hyped as one of the best in the class (I think Buckeye Grove put him in the top 10 in their in-state rankings in February), and since then he's fallen completely off the map. The way he was talked about you'd think he'd have offers from OSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, the entire Big Ten, and others. Instead he's picking between Pitt, Michigan State, and a couple other mediocre programs.