View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #42
jmik58
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
How many chances do you give someone to make a change before you walk away?

I'm in the boat that I love college football so I buy the game, but I'm tired of the same broken gameplay that isn't fixed.

Presentation and graphics always sells, unfortunately, so money and time isn't spent on much needed gameplay issues.

Something needs to be done so that the physics of the game takes into account the anatomy of the humans that play it. I feel like the players are just torso's with graphic representations of arms and legs.

Fifa address this issue for 12 by adding animations that involved arms and legs, pushing the game in a direction where you don't have the canned animations.

I think this does much more for the game though.

If the legs are part of the movement, then a linebacker can't be in mid-shuffle and then leap 48" into the air in the opposite direction.

I also would like to see eyes matter. If you can't see the ball or the play you can't react. Or at least for dbacks, if you don't see the receiver look for the ball, then they shouldn't be reacting.

If the player isn't looking at it, he shouldn't be able to interpret what's going on.

1. Expand the importance of the human anatomy within the gameplay engine.
2. Make the eyes matter by installing a code that incorporates and read-and-react concept to the game. For as many specific situations as possible in a video game.

Then we could enjoy the greatest football video game in terms of on-field performance.