View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #101
kingsofthevalley
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Umm Im sorry I completely disagree with the premise that NCAA and Madden aren't 2nd Tier Sports Games

-Nba 2k11/The Show
-Nhl/Fifa
-Forza/GT

I easily rank all those games a Class above EAs football titles.....

The true innovations are few and far between....especially when it comes to gameplay....

And Honestly even though Im guilty of overrating it too.....NCAA 11 really isn't all that great....its just the 1st NG title that approached the "old school" era video gamey fun.....which is sad because in 2011 we should be getting something much deeper and polished

And the whole 2k thing draws such a big debate/point of contention around here because

1. Of Course the Exclusive License stuff.....Its no coincidence that those games I listed has or had tough competition to drive them each year

2. The 2k Football games strengths are EAs biggest weaknesses
Player Movement(Foot Planting with realistic slow down and start up)
Line Play(Pass Rush)
Presentation(In Game Specifically..Stats with Appropriate Commentary)

And the AI....Debatable but leads me to my next point...

2ks games are stocked full with Custom User Settings/Sliders....To ensure that you can find the right settings for you....And Hell you even got guys who have come up with their own tools online to customize/edit even further

I can fully understand how people who loved those things in 2k Football would be tired of seeing EA so poorly represent them in their games.........

I mean EA does those things so bad its like EA is intentionally trying to send a message to hardcore 2k fans to not even bother and say that....."Your Game is never Coming back"

Im such a huge football fan that Ive learned to live with it and have found a way to enjoy EAs recent football games....but I wish I could enjoy more of the actual games themselves

We'll see with Madden this year....looks like they're trying to take a big swing at truly being great....But until further notice NCAA/Madden are still standing on the sidelines waiting to go in, when it comes to how they stack up to the elite of the Sports Game Genre
Excellent post. Pretty much every phrase was correct. Presentation, player movement, custom settings, etc are all very poorly done in EA sports football titles. Thing is, out of all the good additions, those three things are the major ticket items IMO that I'm still waiting on and we're going on 8 years now.

A.I. was another one but it seems they might have tweaked that a bit so I took that one off of my list. Yea I had 4 gripes now its down to 3. 3 VERY important things.
Advertisements - Register to remove