Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #21
Bamafan3723
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Come on, EA... Washington Huskies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
As someone who buys this game every single year, I must say that I am pretty disappointed and for the first time since the game's inception, I might not be a buyer this year.

I am a visuals guy and I like things to be correct (uniforms and stadiums). Now, I don't get up in arms over the small stuff. If a jersey font is a bit off, it doesn't bother me. If a helmet has the wrong face mask color, I don't get bent out of shape. I realize that getting 120+ teams accurate from a graphical sense is tough and mistakes will be made.

But for three years now, I have contributed to a couple of different forums that discuss uniform and stadium updates. For three years, I've posted pictures of Husky Stadium and how the color of their end zones have changed. For two years, they painted the end zones gold in real life. Last year, they played a few home games with purple end zones. I even sent a couple of the developers an e-mail (with pictures). I said, "I know it can't be fixed this year, but here's some pictures so you can get the end zones right next year."

I got an e-mail back from one of them, thanking me for my contribution.

In a video I watched of NCAA 12 that had Washington playing WSU, I immediately saw that the end zones have still not been updated. Also, Washington got new home uniforms last year, in which I also advised the EA team of. In the video, they are wearing their home uniforms from two years ago.

I am not a complainer but this is pretty frustrating for me. I realize Washington is not a powerhouse and won't get the love that some of the other big schools get, but we're not bottom dwellers in a weak conference, either. We're a BCS team. They got WSU's new uniforms in (despite the helmet being wrong) but U-Dub goes untouched? I just don't get it.

Ben Haumiller said the team prides themselves on getting the stadiums and uniforms updated, the things that often change year to year. He said they listen to the community. I know I'm not the only Washington fan who let the team know about the changes.

Sorry, Husky fans. I hate complaining and starting threads like this, but this really sucks. It wasn't like these were updates that happened within the last six months, we're talking at least two years and it's still all wrong.
I hear you man. It is frustrating when your team is the one that isn't correct. Alabama's uniforms aren't correct either and it sucks. For some reason EA thinks Alabama wears maroon instead of crimson with white face masks instead of gray. I, like you, pointed this out with detailed pictures in multiple threads last year showing the inaccuracies and even PM'd a Dev about it. Even with visual evidence the Dev said he didn't see anything wrong with the way they had it in the game. When I heard that I knew I was fighting a lost cause, but I still tried anyway. To make it worse this year, an Alabama player is on the cover of the game and they still didn't get the uniforms right. That's just mind boggling to me. I mean, just look at your own game cover and see the differences.