View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #23
PPEFan
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Improved interaction in the trenchs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Kinda strange, but as I was playing the NCAA 12 demo, I got myself into a 3 d-line formation. I took the NT and the offensive line basically double teamed me. Now granted, the guard wasn't engaged in blocking me, persay, but he stayed right with me and the center, moving in a purposeful way to support the center.

In previous iterations, the guard just stays in his position and waits for someone to come into his zone. This is the first time I'd ever seen a guard actually support the center. He was RIGHT there, moving with me as I pulled the center left/right, and I had to battle both of them.
That is promising, I'm hoping maddens line play will mimic that. As that will indicate better AI. Now the defensive will have to step it up and get more separation and better angles. In the past the only way a defensive lineman got separation was a blocker totally whiffing his block or the DL got pancaked. Another part of the interaction which is missing or I don't see enough of it is the swim move, the spin move and the grab & pull.