Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #106
Iceman87GT
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Midnight Release Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I left my house about 11:25 PM central time. I cruise over to Smryna, TN, which is about 20 miles from Nashville, TN. I arrive at Taco Bell at 11:41 PM...I order my food and then turn into the Walmart shopping center parking lot, which happens to also have a Gamestop.

I LMAO at the punks in the gamestop lined up, probably about 10 of them, at 11:47 P.M....just standing there...waiting, in a stupid line. I then park and waltz into Walmart, mess around the electronic department for 10 minutes and at 11:59 P.M. approach the token middle age women, who does not have a clue, but WAIT...she does!!! This is a first in my midnight experiences at Walmart, a middle aged employee that is not an idiot! Sure, she was the typical disgruntled, disinterested, not chatty 3rd shift employee, but she got my game and I was checked out by 12:01 P.M. Central time and raced home. I quickly ate my Taco Bell and went on to game til 4 AM.

Walmart is awesome for getting games at Midnight...NO LINES!
I was out of gamestop at about 12:05, the previous 2 years I was out at 12:01. Plus I got the pro-combats without much of a wait. They set it up so all they are doing once midnight rolls around is checking your slips and handing you your game, a 10 person line is nothing with how they do it.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers