Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
Dbrentonbuck
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Super Line Backers are back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
I've seen a significant cut down in Super LB pics (I don't think I've encountered one playing retail), but I still get ridiculous knockdowns.

At least I still get the next play this time around, but yeah its annoying when you have a guy wide open and then boom LB makes a play (the annoying thing is the consistency with which it happens, its not a once in a blue moon thing, LBs are performing these amazing leaps multiple times a game).

I shouldn't have to worry about a Lineman or a LB possibly making the play every time I throw it, it certainly is a possibility but its not something I should have to plan for each throw (because most of the time it happens is when it shouldn't be happening).
I think this is a big part of the problem for me too. I shouldn't have to play like the LBs are three all American ball hawking safeties. On passing plays, it is like having 5 safeties instead of 2. It is not that it makes it too difficult, I like difficult games... however it is so far from real football that it completely takes me out of the immersion of the experience. It is the same reason I don't like arcade games like NFL Street or Blitz.