View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
kbomb1upc
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 10 servers shutting down October 1st, 2011

Quote:
Online Franchise received one of the lowest play rates in the surveys the team took for Madden 11. Why spend development time on something nobody uses? (I know, I know, more people would use it if it was better)...Regardless, I'd be willing to bet far more people are playing Madden 11 than 10, and that already small number still on ten will be even fewer when Madden 12 comes out. It's a conflict of interests, not a hype of their new game. They have to be able to support Madden 12 and other new releases online, and keeping old servers makes that challenging. I felt the same way when they shut Head Coach 09 off last year, so don't think I'm some uninformed guy just telling you to be happy
That's a bunch of crap. The main reason online franchise was one of the lowest played features is because it was poorly implemented. I mean come on no salary, no CPU AI front office, no practice mode, no rookie scouting and I can go on. Why play online when you could get a better “NFL Experience” offline. But I beat you that NCAA 11 figures are much higher with the amount of people that play online dynasties because they did it right. I beat if Madden would have gotten it right there numbers wouldn't be as low as they claim it to be.

Quote:
I do remember those. For two years, everyone else has been stuck with the same bugs. re: what EA said during Madden 11, they said they wanted to focus on GAMEPLAY and decided not to address Franchise Mode, not that they were holding off for Madden 12. Before saying this past week that nothing changed for OF, there had been minimal reference to it during this development cycle. There are other tools available (LM) to help make OF more fun, but I can't convince you to accept them.
Like I told you earlier that I use to be a person that defends EA but I can't in this situation. They told us that they could have salaries and CPU trading Madden 10 because it was server based...Lie. Madden 11 comes out with the same online franchise as Madden 10...shame. Then they don't touch it after they said they would for Madden 12...another lie. How can you defend this? They have let the community down. I don't know about you but offline franchise gets boring quickly and the only thing that keeps me coming back is playing against players with actual intelligence.

I already said that I was going to use LM and that’s the only reason I'm getting Madden 12. Otherwise I would have skipped it and waited for them to do what they were supposed to do 2 years ago. And to let you know, I bought every Madden except Madden 11.