View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
rboocahrd
Rookie

OVR: 1
Slider Analysis (what sliders actually do)

Every year there are tons of slider sets to make the game play more realistic and/or give a better fight. I didn't play much NCAA 10 or 11 so it's been a while since I've messed with sliders.

I'm looking for insight into what each slider actually does on the field. Often we make changes assuming what a slider does when it may not affect the area we would like it to. If you have insight please post but when you make a post make it clear whether you have tested it on the field. Also difficulty level may play into the affects so keep that in mind.

Slider work is based around balancing certain sliders so I will pair up the ones thar should have a strong effect on eachother. These are all my guesses based on previous games.

QB Accuracy - Lowering this should cause more inaccurate passes but so far I have it down to 30 and haven't noticed a difference. I'm going to try 15 but maybe I should just 0 it and see what happens

Pass Coverage - How well a player stays manned up or how well he tracks in his zones. With this slider too high it used to lead to DBs running the route before the WR which is crazy.

QB ACC vs. Pass CVR - every year I try to lower qb passing until they actually under and over throw. Then I lower coverage enough that players can get open. I don't want to see DBs swatting down every incompletion.

Pass Blocking - how long a blocker keeps a defender from breaking free

Pass Rush - how fast a defender and disengage from a block on passing plays

Pass BLK vs. Pass Rush - sometimes rush can affect how well the snap is jumped as well. Pass Rush used to be how often a player attempted a swin or bull rush so it was better to have both raised.

WR Catching - This used to affect drops vs catches but also how far a player would slide (using suction) into a catch. With suction pretty well fixed I wonder if this affects Route Running or Release. This doesnt really have a true counterpart for vs.

RB Ability - Causes anyone with the ball to use more moves, be more effective with those moves and fumble less.

Tackling - Used to make it easier to engage in a tackle (using suction). Also made players less likely to break the tackle.

RB Ability vs. Tackling - Generally RB ability would be raised for the CPU because of an ineffective run game and tackling would be lowered to create more lanes for the RB. I'm curious how the new tackling engine will react with the tackling slider. Or maybe it will purely be how well someone wraps up to avoid broken tackles.

Run Blocking - I have done a bit of testing on this one since there were blockers running people over in the demo. If you raise this one it seems to make players keep their block for longer but also makes it more likely for them to run over a defender. It would be nice to finally get some pancakes for olineman!

Run Defense - As far as I know this used to decide how fast a player knows it is a run and how quickly he reacts. I hope it also makes players shed blocks but so far it does not appear to.

Run BLK vs. Run D - I would like to raise run blocking far enough to get pancakes and create holes but be able to have run d high enough that every team won't have 10 ypc.

I hope this can help people and that we can get some good info on what each slider really does.
Advertisements - Register to remove