View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #20
SkinsBoYee
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Coach Mode - Will sliders affect it?

Been doing my playing exclusively on coach mode due to the fact I hate playing vertical football. Need it to look like TV.

Some early observations on sliders.

On Heisman, thought the ratings seemed to be overpowered by "Heisman" factor. Can't put my figure on it how, but just seemed a little to much. Lower ranked Defenses where too good.

On untouched AA...thought games where a little too even. I beat Miami with Maryland 17-3. They did not stand a chance. They had no rushing game to speak of...so I started with tweeks at the AA level. Every game I played at this untouched AA like just seemed too close where the cpu was a much better school and simply not playing up to standard against me with a lower level football program.

Don't have everything in front of me...but this is what I remember. Anything I leave out is at default.

8 Minute Quarter
Very Slow!!! (just looks so much better)
Speed Thresh - 40

For User..
QB Accuracy - 40
Rush D - 40
Interception - 30
Tackle - 35

For Cpu
QB Accuracy - 40
RB Ability - 70
Run Blocking - 60
Pass Rush - 60
Int - 30
Tackle - 35

Penalties - Anything I don't write is at default.

Holding - 53
Offensive and Defensive PA - 100
False Start - 60
Facemask - 55

The big thing with these sliders I have found are Running backs run like running back now. Big powerful backs are now hard to bring down. The cpu running plays strike fear. Thought at AA the cpu run game was way to easily stuffed. Now my defenders are not instantly all over a the CPU running back on running plays. And this is key, with Tackle turned down for both, your really have to have your D in position to stop the run. Big back or back in the open with momentum seem to be able to run over or elude smaller CB. This is a must for realism for me. Running backs don't instantly go down...at regular AA, this was the norm. Now you must account for them. Obviously think the CPU run game was the biggest need of help in coach mode. With Tackle at 30 now...the running game for both sides is much better. This also helps with WR Yac, as big WR's break big plays every now and again.

QB's still play well at accuracy of 40, and with Int's at 30, you get some drops but you also get some pic's.

Pass rush looks good for both sides as I am getting anywhere from 1-4 a game on both sides. Might tweek this area a little more. If anything, its a little on the high side for good D's...but again, at the same time...against a dominating OL, playing with a weak front 4, I still see games without sacks, but getting pressure with blitzing.

The greatest thing to happen to this game is coachmode with the Broadcast cam. This would have been a no buy without it. The second greatest thing is how scrambing QB's now scramble. Simply amazing its taken this long to get this aspect of the college game to show true, but Kudos to EA for getting right this year. Finally...a playable college football game for me. NOW MAKE THE BC PLAYABLE!!!!

Last edited by SkinsBoYee; 07-15-2011 at 11:41 AM.