View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
rboocahrd
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Slider Analysis (what sliders actually do)

I've seen pass blocker drop a guy but I never see it show up as a pancake. On the other hand I cranked up run block and saw 5 guys get dropped on one play and still only one pancake was given to the TE. The run blocking slider definitely makes blockers hold their block longer and get down field better. The issue I have is that there isn't a break block slider like in madden so this can be difficult to balance.

I have been using matt10's zero based hiesman sliders and they lead me to a few conclusions. With tackling at 0 you have to have a good angle to make the tackle and hit sticks do not happen. I would like to see bad tackling angles taken advantage of but not every time. Also I would like to see some more big hits. I never saw a fumble in 6 or so games so I'm starting to think tackling controls the frequency of fumbles but it does seem that they just dont happen a lot this year.

These had both qb accuracy at 0 which was ok but the CPU qb made too many bad choices where he would loft a ball up into a very well covered position. Seemed better when bumped up to 15 but again he floated too many passes so even with 0 pass coverage there were too many swats.

I tried Heisman for the challenge but the play calling is pitiful so I'm going to try AA and see if plays are called differently. I'm debating whether to try some other sliders, use AA default, or use AA with a uniform number. I have heard a lot of people say that 30 is the slider point where there is no boost a no penalty to skills.

I haven't sat down with a stop watch and timed but normal just feels way to fast to me. I've been using slow and 0 threshold.