Old 07-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
crenk
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Making the awareness rating more meaningful

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
not a bad thought. i've also thought about how to make low AWR impact the user-controlled player.

for example, i thought for a user QB with low awareness, there could be a small time "penalty" that you have to wait for before the QB throws. this would kinda simulate the indecision a rookie QB with poor Awareness has: he reads the field slower. so, when you press a button to throw to a WR, you have to wait a slit second or something. if you Awareness is 50, you wait 1 second, if it's 60 you wait .8 seconds, if it's 70 you wait .5 seconds, etc.

same with running backs: you don't cut and change direction instantly to correspond with the backs lack of "reading" the field.

it's not realistic to take a player with great physical skills but poor awareness and make him play like an All Pro player.

my $.02. i know most will not like it as they like how easy it is to get a guy with low Awareness as it lowers the overall rating and makes him easier to trade for, draft, etc.
I like your thinking. I had wondered how to get a low awr effect to user controlled players. What are your ideas say for user controlled defenders? I guess you could implement the same concept that they react a little slower. But how would this impact gameplay. if a tackler has even that slight delay would they miss tackles every time do you think?