View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
mudtiger
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Mudtiger 12 sliders

After a weekend of games alternating between Matt10's heisman sliders and my own, I'm finally starting to settle. I can't get a good read though if these are long term (fun+realistic averages) or if these are just short term chasing game to game ups and downs. Anyways I need to write these down and play some games and see what the averages look like.

Heisman, 10 minutes, Slow (or very slow), Threshold 44.

Penalties
Off 100
Fs 88
Hld 53
Fm 57
O/D int 100
Clip 50
Grnd 100
Rgh pas 50
Rgh kick 100

Sub in/out
qb 60/80
rb 80/85
wr 80/85
fb 80/85
ol 70/80
dt 80/85
de 80/85
lb 80/85
cb 75/80
s 80/85

H/cpu

qba 0/0
pb 80/35
wrc 40/35
rba 35/35
rbl 30/55
pcv 50/0
prsh 25/5
int 10/10
rd 5/0
tkl 25/5

fgp 50/50
fga 25/30
pp 55/55
pa 35/45
ko 50/50

Speed threshold - I found 40 or less for me and army means giving up big plays all the time. 50 is a little too tight. 43 or 44 seem to be about right.

Penalties I think are pretty much done. Sub in/out, I don't know. Nothing feels right so I'll probably end up going through formations near the beginning of the game and right sticking hb subs in various formations so backups get reps for the rest of the game.

Special teams feels good other than the cpu trying to kick super long FGs. When they attempt one, I go to fg block return and take a knee in the endzone so it gets treated like a punt. Someone suggested this in Matt10's thread and it works well.

The game itself is very much tuned to me playing as Army. I really have no idea if these will transfer well to better teams. So far they 'feel' good without paying too much attention to stats. Good teams beat me, even teams can go either way.

Stat wise, feels like there are too many sacks on both sides. Some of this is due to the cpu's inability to run a screen effectively (come on ea, I'm really tired of that crap being in the game every year).

Number of plays feels good, maybe a bit high for me. If I go 10 minutes, I usually get numbers a little high and the cpu is good. If I go 9 minutes, I get good numbers but the cpu comes in low. I stopped looking at TOP, its always going to be in my favor.

Human passing - I had to continually raise human pass block to get any sort of time in the pocket. I'm playing as army so I shouldn't get much, but I need some time to even have a chance to throw the ball. So that is why human pblk is so high. QBA feels good at 0. Absolutely don't try to lead guys unless you really really need to. Lots of bad throws if you do. That's how I want it. Still probably give up a few too many sacks, but I think some of those I can cut out by reading the D better.

CPU passing - CPU gives up too many sacks. I may go higher on their pblk. If I do I might raise human pass rush to compensate some. I don't want the cpu to shrug off blitzes though so it can't go too high. CPU completion %'s have varied quite a bit so I'm interested in seeing averages over the course of 3-5 games with various teams.

Run game - human is just about right. I can move the ball with the option and sometimes even dominate some drives. CPU still may be a bit flat but I don't think I can really raise cpu run block any more because even 1* cpu teams will dominate in the trenches. Maybe raising cpu rba could help.

Ints - probably set too low for human. Lots of drops, but I live with it. I'd rather have drops than an int fest. Might get bumped up to 15. Cpu picks off passes ok, but you can get away with a few mistakes.

TKL - Army is a sure tackling team, so I want this number to be decent, but going overboard hurts the cpu run game and YAC. I don't think I'd drop below 25. Cpu tkl feels good, maybe low, but still good.

Only 2 games I wrote stats for:

MTSU 7 - Army 16 (me)

MTSU
off 199
rsh 19-3
pas 22-30-196, 6sk
pen 2-15
drops 1

Army
off 278
rsh 61-233
pas 5-12-45, 2 sk
pen 7-52
drops 1

Full of defense. MTSU barely could run, but their stats look specially bad because they gave up 6 sacks taking away from run yards.

2nd game:

Army 27 (me) - AF 30

Army
off 377
rsh 52-236
pas 7-18-141, 3sk
pen 4-24
drop 2

AF
off 339
rsh 39-202
pas 7-8-137, 3sk
pen 2-20
drop 0

AF qb was efficient. He made all the right passes and found the open guys. I had to cheat up to stop the run and the cpu burned me for it. I mounted a 4th qtr come back scoring 10 points to make it close, but AF held on for the win.

So now I'll play some games and see what happens.