View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
helix139
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ran into my first nano blitzer last night

Yep, that's right. Sadly, it's not hard to do and after the game I was able to easily duplicate in practice mode because it's just audibling into a REGULAR PLAY.

Was playing online Florida against a guy playing FSU last night and every play, the dude would match me personnel-wise (4-3 against 21 or 12 personnel, nickel, dime, or quarter against 10, 01, or empty), then audible into a 4-4 LB-fire and control the LOLB. Every single time, someone (usually the nose tackle after your center ignores him to go whiff on the blitzing LILB) comes through unblocked unless you slide protection right, in which case he blitzes off the edge manually with the LOLB completely unblocked to hit you before you complete your drop, and yes I tried using 6 and even 7-man protection against this. unblocked DT problem is still there unless protection is slid right exposing your from the left.

Normally, one would think to answer this with a liberal dose of quick slants and 4-verticals out of trips. Well, it's a great idea in theory until he institutes unbeatable press coverage on all of your receivers.

So just a heads up. Watch out for this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove