View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
mr_president
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: When will FairPlay Rules return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMstyle
I forget the year, but me and my buds played Tecmo Bowl on super nintendo for a while before we knew the game's ins-and-outs. To balance the game further we came up with some "House Rules" to enhance gameplay. 4th and 5 or less? do anything you like. 4th and 6 or more? PUNT formation until the 4th quarter. it was simple but made the game so much better and rewarded good defense.

we all shared laughs when Madden did the same thing in 2004 to enhance the the experience. some people thought it was too restrictive (cheesers mostly) but it made the game resemble what most of us like to see on sundays.

For some reason the best feature Tiburon ever devised hasn't made an appearance since the previous gen. Why? At some level it should return, if i want to play a sim-type game give me a lobby where some version of Fairplay rules exist. It's only right.

let's stop playing videogames and start playing football.
i never agreed with the game forcing you to punt. there is no rule in the nfl that says you must punt on 4th down.
if a coach has a plan and feels he can gain the yardage..then why not go for it.

i punt in punting situations, but i wouldn't want those restrictions in my game.