Thread: Quarter Length?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
Houston
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quarter Length?

I like to get the realistic amount of plays yes and realistic stats but at the same time the T.O.P. matters to me. I try to use minutes that would reflect a real NCAA game or what I used last year for a real NFL game on MADDEN 11,But on MADDEN 12 Minutes with 15 sec runoff gave perfect stats and T.O.P from 30-35 minutes a game. So in NCAA 12 theres no runoff so I have tried 10 minutes and was seeing 24-26 minutes of T.O.P. usually the winning team. Been testing 12 minutes this morning and love the stats but at half time it was 20 minutes T.O.P. for me and the CPU was 13 minutes T.O.P. You see if you use 10 minute qtrs you would think thats about 5 minutes for you and 5 for the CPU or other USER so that would only equal out to 20 minute T.O.P. games. We need between 7-10 minutes T.O.P each qtr early in the game to get close to a real 30 minute T.O.P. games. (Hope that makes sense)

The way I usually caculate is a real NFL and maybe NCAA game is about 60 minutes with commercials etc. So on a vidoe game I would say about 40 minutes so 10 minute qtrs would probably be the way to go. People that dont do long drives and air it out all day would probably have high score games on 10-12 minutes but people who run the ball more making longer drives eating the clock up would have more realistic stats.

Last edited by Houston; 07-20-2011 at 12:05 PM.