View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
trrt
Rookie

trrt's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Broken Tackles in the running game

One interesting thing i remembered - back in '09 one guy did some good analysis on what exactly madden sliders do in the game. his name was bill2451. his research was pretty invaluable even though 90% of people cared about when he would give them sliders. lol.

anyways, one of his observations (which i remember confirming in my own testing back then) is that the TACKLE slider does not have any impact on the likelyhood of the tackle animation being successful (aka will the defender finish the tackle or will it be broken). It only impacts the likelyhood/ease of the tackle animation being started - ie how far you need to be from the ballcarrier and what angle you need to be facing relative to the ball carrier.

my point being is that lowering the TACKLE slider may not be the way to solve this problem. ofcourse it could be different in NCAA since the sliders are now different between the two games (at least in name).

my theory is that the lack of broken tackles may be more related to RB ABILITY. it needs to go higher. but most slider sets have it pretty high from what i can see. so that doesnt quite mesh.

ahh the joys of sliders. if only EA would just tell us what the hell they actually do! why is that such a crazy request?