Old 07-25-2011, 04:11 AM   #76
SuperNoVa27
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Gates vs Witten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Witten gets my vote. I think just because Gates is more athletic people wanna give him the edge. That's not the case. Look at the numbers. Witten doesn't get as many TD's but they don't go to him as much as Gates in the red zone.

Witten has the best hands. I don't get where some of you say otherwise. Witten doesn't drop balls. Gates is faster but Witten is the better route runner. Witten is the better blocker as well. Look at Witten's numbers through 7 full seasons in the NFL. He's been in the league for 8 years but didn't play much his rookie season.

Witten is on pace to become the all-time leading TE in catches. Tony Gonzalez has stated hands down that Witten is the best TE in the game. Vernon Davis of the 49'ers has stated Witten is the best TE in the league.

It's good that we all have our own opinions about this though. It could be debated all day long. I like to see comments from other players in the NFL to show real opinions. We're just everyday Joe's expressing an opinion. You get players like a Gonzalez & Davis stating something coming from fellow players at the position then you have some backing. Witten all the way!
What if Tom Brady said Jamarcus Russel was the best Quarter Back to ever be drafted?

Would you believe him?