View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Phobia
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
EA & Consumer Respect

I want this to remain civil and discuss the issues EA makes routinely with consumer satisfaction.

This generation of EA sports games have been littered with bugs and glitches which can easily be considered major. Fight Night Champion for example had multiple freezing issues that affected many consoles. My 360 slim has frozen 4 times only and ALL those freezes came from FNC.

Then you have the NCAA & Madden franchises which every single year are released with a multitude of issues. Some of these issues such as the recent "roster bug" makes the game unplayable for many on this site due to the fact the game on a technical level is broken due to recruits coming in broken even if you play with default numbered rosters.

Now I completely understanding that games have bugs and no game will be completely bug free. I am perfectly ok with seeing some bugs and are prepared I might cross some. But there are situations where these bugs should not exist. This roster bug is a perfectly example of the current level of testing being done. It is a obvious bug which went gold across the entire buying public. It was not a bug that happened once in a blue moon or a bug you might cross once every 100 games. This was a simple matter of TESTING your product and seeing there was a issue and this was obviously not done.

Now I will say this, I would be embarrassed if I was EA. This is not a "small" bug, this is a major ordeal that could really put a dent in their first week sales next year. But I think it would GREATLY lessen the blow if you came out and gave some common consideration to your user base.

Releasing a apology, stating you are working on fixing this issue, when a possible fix is expected, and possible THANK YOU for understanding would go a LONG way in making your consumers feel respected.

I for one don't appreciate being used as "free labor tester". Even if this was not intended by EA that is clearly the way it comes out when you make no statement and don't show any consideration to your fans.

I am hoping this can remain open and be civil by our community here. I think it is only fair we let EA know how we feel about this situation. You can do this respectfully and let them know as a consumer how you feel about this situation.

Sincerely, frustrate of feeling EA does not care about its consumers.
Phobia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Just wanted to pass along to you guys the e-mail I got from EA. Just so everyone knows this post helped get the patch notes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
Hey Derek,

In case you haven’t seen already, an announcement about the patch was just made in the NCAA ’12 blog: http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/title-update-2. Don’t think that you and your fellow community members didn’t have something to do with that.

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
Heh. Looks like we emailed each other at the exact same time.

I realize that ‘by the end of the month’ might be a long wait for some guys, but believe me, getting the studio to pre-announce a patch like this is a pretty big deal.

Thanks again,
So Thanks everyone for making a push to get EA to make a announcement because it clearly shows they are listening to us!

Last edited by Phobia; 08-02-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Include EA response
Advertisements - Register to remove