Banned

OVR: 23
Re: Bad Company|Jellico Blue Devils Dynasty

College Football Express!
Jellico Blue Devils

Hosted by:
Lance Myers( Former PSU QB 85-88)
Isaiah Wallace( Former FSU WR 87-90)
Ryan Crenshaw (Sports Analyst 93-present)

Myers: Welcome everyone to our show today this is Lance Myers and along side me are two men you know very well in Isaiah Wallace and Ryan Crenshaw. Now as of late we have been talking about the upcoming college football season and each show we have been talking about one in particular team and what we are expecting from them this upcoming season and what players to look out for. Today we have a good one as our team is one of the 9 new ones in the Sunbelt Conference the Jellico Blue Devils. So Isaiah and Ryan what do you see this up coming season from the Blue Devils?

Wallace: Ahh first off, Lance I don't see much happening with this team though it has some talent but there so young and just about ever one of their 22 starters are Freshman and Sophmores and the experience is going to hurt them badly. If anything I give this team between a 4-8 to 6-6 record this upcoming season, there just arent any big playmakers on this squad. But you wanna talk about some key players that could have big seasons then one would be FR Quarterback Dustin Buckner now this kid is the real deal and he can make all kinds of plays happen with his feet as well as his arm plus he is a smart kid and from the film of the blue and white game I see him having the best season for the Blue Devils.

Crenshaw: Another thing to, Just like what wallace said is that they are lacking so much experience this year and that will play a big factor in to there success as well. I mean they have 18 freshman starters on their team and only 3 or 4 Sophmores. This is a young in experienced team this upcoming season and plus too they have never played in D-I football. Now the player I can't wait to see though would be Strong Safety Kurt Marlow, he isn't the biggest but man I saw him laying some hits in the Blue and White game I beleive he will have a huge impact for them on Defense, also he shows great leadership on the secondary.

Myers: Yea and to add to that they are not that stacked up at QB either as they have one good backup but he is only 5'8 and if Dustin Buckner goes down this will be an even worse year for the Blue Devils. Although I do see one player in particular that i'm interested in seeing is Running back Hunter Perkins now this kid is so agile and fast, I think he has a big year for them out of that Double Slot Offense. Coach Danny Oakes has a big task at hand here trying to build this team team up.

Crenshaw: Also to, we have to look at how the recruiting is going to factor in, I mean no one knows much about this team so therefore it may be a few seasons before we see them climbing to the top of the Sun Belt. My key player for this year to watch on Jellico would be Defensive End Jesse Coker this guy is big and fast and he is aggresive, I think he willl be a Freshman All - American.

Wallace: If I was coach Oakes I'd be just trying to make it through this season because it's going to be ugly, then again he may surprise us you never know. I think also from a recruiting stand point they will suffer too. This season is in dire need of a big shockwave and I just don't see him having enough time to fully prepare this team.

Myers: Ok Ok, I'm liking your guys thoughts on Coach Oakes and Jellico so now one last question Whats your prediction of their record for this upcoming season and do they make a bowl game?

Wallace: I predict they maybe go 5-6 that being they beat Sunbright, Kings Academy, Grace Christian, Cosby, and Williamsburg. Do they make a bowl game absolutely not! They have a very tough schedule ahead of them that which includes Out of Conference games in which they play Campbell County and Alcoa.

Crenshaw: I totally agree with you except I think this year that Cloudland and Willaismburg will slaughter them, Jellico this year just doesn't have it and as for their record I predict they go between 4-8 and 6-6 and they don't make a bowl game even if they get 6 wins. Isaiah you mentioned the Out of Conference games of Campbell County and Alcoa, those two games are early in the season too and it'll be a great challenge for them to pull off a win against either of those teams.

Myers: Well I like those predictions but I have to disagree with both of you, I think Coach Oakes and his coaching staff will take this team really far this season and on top of that I think they make a bowl game and I predict that they finish season 8-4. I am looking forward to seeing this New Sunbelt Conference and as well the 3 New teams in the C-USA. Now thats all the time we have for today so stay tuned for next weeks show right here on College Football Express!

Last edited by Tombstone31; 07-25-2011 at 10:02 PM.