View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #44
crques
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
But the advancement in technology over the first 10 years is far greater than the advancement over the past 10 years.
I agree. Graphically, NCAA 12 is by far the best we've seen, although some of the colors appear dull and worn to me (see the orange and blue differences in the screen shots in the earlier post). As far as gameplay goes though, it still has a robotic feel to me that just doesn't feel fun when I'm playing. I don't know how else to describe it. Not only that, but a lot of times I feel like I'm playing the same team, regardless of names, attributes, and ratings.

Strides have definitely been made in the playbook department as teams, for the most part at least attempt to run an offense representing the offense they run in real life, however the games still feel scripted to me. When I play the PS2 versions in dynasty mode, playing Miami (FL) and Miami (OH) definitely had different feels to them. The distinction between those two programs on the PS3 just doesn't feel the same. I remember how much fun it was landing a stud RB or QB on the PS2 version that you knew would be an instant difference maker. The 4 & 5* star recruits definitely outshined the 1* recruits on the game. The separation between those now just doesn't seem the same, so recruiting feels far less rewarding. I can take 2* QBs and perform just as well with them as I can with 5* QBs, which shouldn't be the case. Despite all of the new recruiting features that have been added throughout the years of next generation consoles, the PS2 recruiting (although not quite as realistic in terms of options and the whole process in general), just seems far more rewarding and fun.

Last edited by crques; 07-26-2011 at 11:04 AM.