View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #45
kingsofthevalley
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It was so much easier to play pass coverage on the PS2 versions. I think it was a combination of slower passing speeds and more weight/momentum of the players. Because players weren't so twitchy you could anticipate routes better and also control your player better. In the current game it is still very hard to defend the pass and it gets frustrating. Just try catching a punt that you try to down before it reaches the end zone. You know where it's going to land yet it's very hard to stop on that spot.

I think most of the current devs play exclusively as a DL and DB play isn't something they focus on. I rarely play as a DL and I miss the ability to make plays as a DB the way I did on the PS2.
Oh so true. There are those key words again (weight/momentum/twitchy movement). The base fundamental that has been neutered for this current generation. PLAYER MOVEMENT. I used to love playing CB also. Not so much anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove