packabacka19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Leave It All On The Field | Coaching Career of Brandon Gallagher

Gallagher Quickly Moving Up Coaching Ranks
Northwestern hires 27 year-old to coach defense

January 22, 2012

Evanston, IL ---
In a move that has been hinted at for two weeks, the Northwestern Wildcats have hired former linebacker Brandon Gallagher to be their new defensive coordinator. Gallagher, who was an All-Big 10 linebacker for the Wildcats in 2005 and 2006, will bring much-needed discipline and identity to the school, who struggled to a 5-7 record in 2011, their first season in the PAC-12.

"While I'm saddened to leave the Warhawks after only one season," Gallagher said in his introductory press conference. "I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to come back to Evanston and coach at the place where I had so much success. I think [UL Monroe head coach] Todd Berry for bringing me into the college ranks, and wish them the best of luck in the future. That said, I'm absolutely ecstatic to be back here in Evanston. We have a solid nucleus of talent with guys like [middle linebacker] David Nwabuisi and [safety] Hunter Bates, and I can't wait to get to work. I can't thank [newly hired head coach] Andy Ludwig enough for giving me this opportunity."

It is reported that Gallagher signed a 3-year contract. Gallagher, combined with offensive guru Andy Ludwig, will give the Wildcats an impressive, albeit inexperienced coaching staff.

Last edited by packabacka19; 08-03-2011 at 01:13 AM.