Old 08-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #24
gopher_guy
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The definition of "Cheese"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
That's your own interpretation of it and to each his own. I can tell you however that your view, in at least one respect, going for it on 4th down repeatedly, is not widely shared. Most people do consider going for it on 4th down time and time again to be cheese. Sure there's nothing wrong with going for it on 4th at all, but when it's every single time then it's cheese.

As I said, the best measure of cheese, the one that is the golden standard to abide by is whether or not you would ever see a real coach do in a game what the player is doing in the video game.

And by that standard, going for it on 4th repeatedly is cheese. Never in the history of college football, that I'm aware of anyways, has a coach went for it on 4th down every time. Sorry, that's not realistic and is therefor.....

While I see your point, it's within the laws of the game. So if he wants to be stupid and go for it every time on fourth down, just stop him.

If the guy goes for it continuously on 4th down and you stop him, then you won't be complaining, because you'd be winning. People just get annoyed when they can't stop it.

Somebody earlier gave the Mike Leach example. Running the same play over and over and over again. Is it bacon-ing (hate the term cheesing so I chose a different food to call it)? No, you just can't stop it, so it's annoying...

P.S. Whether or not the fact that you are not able to stop it is due to a glitch in the game is a separate conversation.

P.P.S. Don't say you would still be annoyed if he went for it every time on fourth down and you stopped him every time, because you want a "real NCAA football experience". Because if that's the case online play against random people is not for you

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 08-01-2011 at 10:31 PM.