View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #113
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Online Communities Took Precedence Over Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12

Quote:
I cant lie tho, LM looks like it does fill a void in the game and will def make it better. i thought about trying an ofranch using LM, but then when i thought bout how easy ncaa dyn is to run without the need for 3rd party sites, it just seemed like more of a headache than i felt like i should have to deal with when im paying $60. no other game in my library makes me have to use a 3rd party site to complete the experience.
While I am a fan of league manager, this is 100% true. It is still a headache, because Madden, ultimately, is not designed to work with League Manager. Your league members have to learn how to use a 3rd party tool and you have to be sure guys don't make moves using the console outside of the tool.

Quote:
funny thing is ive been on OS since like '08, so ive seen my fair share of EA practices since this developer interaction had started. they hype, under deliver, then make excuses as to why its unfinished, untuned, or things didnt even make the cut. its a crazy cycle.
No one was a bigger fan of EA sports years ago than I was. They could do no wrong. Once they got successful and ultimately got the exclusive rights, this statement above is 100% accurate in terms of what they do. Like I said in a post long ago, success breeds arrogance and the feeling that it's the customer who doesn't know what they are talking about. I sat back during much of Madden 10's dev cycle and watched on here as the developers gushed over all of the guys praising them for coming on here. When you let them know about the negatives and things that absolutely needed to be fixed (in a mature manner), you got excuses, you got brushed aside or you got told that "you just don't understand how hard it is to do that".

Quote:
the video above is very telling. "you've clamored for it, emailed us, tweeted, blogged, etc". so now all of a sudden theres no interest for it so its really not important or worthy of fixing and getting dev attention? but without an ounce of fan feedback or "importance" and totally going against their own reasoning, they give dev time to create MUT, 3vs3 online, and now online communities?? 3 new things that nobody cared about?? but then when madden 13 hype starts, theyll be first in line for the ofranch "its important and we're gonna go big" train...totally forgetting and glazing right over their own stance that its not worth it just a few months ago. wool-pulling at its finest...but they wont be pulling that wool over my eyes. if the game is good ill buy it no doubt. but just cuz im buying doesnt mean im a fool and forget what was told to me, so i along with others who are paying attention will immediately see this for exactly what it is...more EA BS which contributes to the negative way alot of ppl feel about the company.
The interest is still there. More even. However, the level of disappointment was so high that many folks decided not to use it. That is a fact, not an opinion. It's not all about leagues either. There are plenty of us out there that just want to play an online franchise with a few of our friends. It's 2011 and you can't do that in Madden, but you can do it in NCAA?

I'm not saying online communities is a bad idea at all. It's a good idea and it's a good feature (at least on paper). However, it's ridiculous how we have to sacrifice one feature for another. Not to mention, you still don't have proper player movement, momentum and foot planting from a gameplay side. I still have to have rules in my league about using the left stick in the open field because players can cut on a dime. However, we DO have online communities and Madden trading cards.