View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #35
Tea_Bag_Frenzy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
That's the only thing you can do about that.

3 years of EASHL and 3 years of various glitching, cheesing, cheating and boosting.

Want to bet it's going to change in NHL 12? When it happens once, it may be a coincidence, but 3 years in a row? There's cheaters in the dev team of NHL game that left a door open so they can have an advantage over the community.

If there's nothing in NHL 12, I'll revert my saying, but until then, history prove that it's the case.
Glitching and cheesing cannot be put into the same category as cheating and boosting.

As a computer programmer in the business, I know that there will always be exploits such as glitches and what you call 'cheese' unless you eliminate all AI players. This is because you have to give the AI players the ability to score on AI Goalies.

Creating an algorithm for this to occur without making the Goalie AI vulnerable is nearly impossible. It would be a brilliant achievement to create the AI interactions that simulate 'intelligent' goal scoring rather than pre-scripted goal scoring. It is such a complicated process that it becomes too hard to explain without getting into the real technical weeds of the AI development.

I agree with you on the boosting and the cheating, which has to go. But to avoid the glitchers the best solution has always been to play 6 vs 6 using human goalies.
Advertisements - Register to remove