View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #38
stew514
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoguitar
Everyone complaining about the "club hopping" rule, find a better team that has 6-8 regular guys so you're never left out and stay on that team. I played with a core group of 4 other guys last year and it was great. I hated club hoppers who joined our team for the playoffs or a few games and then left. At least now there's going to be some accountability and loyalty before simply joining a team without any thought given.

I want to see more stable teams that don't fall apart because of club hoppers always looking for something better.
The problem I have with your perspective is there are a couple of different scenarios that make the cool down period kind of a slap in the face. First off if you are actively looking for a club, you find one and play a game and realize these guys are a bunch of dick cheese burgers. So you leave, you find another club that's trying people out but oh wait, you have 2 hours and 41 minutes left before you can join a club.

Also other people have mentioned that not everyone enjoys the multiple dressing rooms for a competitive advantage, some people enjoy it because they don't have to tell people they can't play because the other line is playing right now.

I honestly never viewed club hopping as a big deal, people like to play EASHL rather than deal with the ****sticks that play OTP. I don't understand a system like this at all from EA's point of view, were club hoppers that big a problem that you introduce a system that's going to encourage people not to play your game. If you play for a competitive EASHL club, and you can stomach 3 hours of OTP I give you serious props.