Old 08-08-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
Yankees2009Champs
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Confidence needs to be revamped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashyron.
I am talking more about the in-game confidence level. The confidence bar you see on the pitcher when you press select. I'm willing to bet most of the runs off C.C. came when he had low confidence levels. Pitchers receive a better starting confidence if they come into the game hot. If you don't pitch well, that confidence will start dropping. If a pitcher is cold, he starts with a lower confidence and his pitches usually start with a lower confidence as well, but if you can put together a good couple of innings, then he you should be good for the rest of the game. That pitcher hotness or coldness really only apparent at the start of the game.
I know what you're talking about, C.C. came in hot. Over 3/4 full confidence, he was getting beat up. I had to use like 3 mound visits in 1st, 2nd, and 4th. Garcia came in shaky and dominated.
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers