View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Manny_Shevitz
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: PYS 2010 or 2011?

I have both, and I would say go with 2011. The graphics and animations improvements from 2010 to 2011 aren't a gigantic step up, but it's definitely a noticeable improvement. In-game presentation has been improved somewhat too.

If you're a fan of franchise modes, 2011 lets you play up to 20 seasons with a team. Also, the way you train your players and improve their skills throughout a season has been streamlined and made more intuitive.

The only negatives that 2011 had compared to 2010, was that it was a little too easy to hit homeruns, and there was also an issue with AI pitchers having some weird logic about checking runners at 1st. The homerun issue has been greatly improved through a patch. The AI pitchers checking/not checking runners seems to have been mostly fixed, or not, depending on who you ask. The thing is, the AI is supposed to learn your tendencies with trying to steal bases over the course of a season, so some people are reporting that it works fine, while others are still complaining that the AI pitchers never check their runners, so they can pretty much steal a base at will. I personally haven't been having this problem.

Hope this info helps you guys make your decision. Either way, you can't go wrong with Pro Yakyu Spirits. It truly is the best-playing, and most fun baseball game available, and worth every penny.