View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #116
PlatinumBow
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: N51_Rob's Heisman Sliders

played a couple of games today with your "final" sliders...

first game I won 38-17 with Stanford vs. Oregon. I was down most of the first half, but scored on a 81 yard run by my HB when I planned to just run out the clock to make it 21-17 at the half. In the second half, Oregon's offense just couldn't get anything going and I took advantage of that by chewing up clock on long drives.

my second game I played @ Clemson as VT. I won 33-28. The game was close throughout even though my offense was much better than Clemson most of the game. I threw a pick 6 when I was up 27-20 so Clemson took a 28-27 advantage. I answered right back with a TD of my own on the next drive thanks to my HB who had over 200 yards rushing. Then Clemson bogged down on 4th down at midfield and I was able to pick up the first down I needed to run out the rest of the clock.

Overall I thought these were two solid playing games. The only minor issues I saw was I was able to run the ball way too easily. However, I'm going to upgrade the speed from slow to normal and that should help. Another thing this game speed upgrade will do is force me to make quicker decisions throwing the ball which should result in more picks for the CPU.

The only other thing I noticed that so far in those two games the CPU has scored all their TDs on plays over 50 yards, but most of these were a result of bad play calls on my part. I really think this upgrade in game speed to normal should really help the game play a little more smooth and controlled. Great job on the sliders though, I like them a lot so far!