Thread: Long Snappers
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
Argooos
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Long Snappers

I like the idea, but I'm not sure I like the idea of awareness being the stat that matters. I don't see a problem with adding a position-specific rating. CBs have Press, Kickers and Punters have KPW and KAC. Why can't Long Snappers have LS?
Using Awareness as the rating that matters sort of implies that just anyone can be a good long snapper. Being good at it though takes skill and lots of practice. I know it's the CFL, but a few years ago the Argos' long-snapper retired, and they had so much trouble finding a replacement that they had to have him come out of retirement just for games. There's a reason that it's always the same guys doing the long-snapping, and there's a reason that teams keep re-signing the good ones. It's a position-specific skill.

I'm also not sure about it being user-controlled. Bad snaps happen pretty rarely in real life. I just think if it was user-controlled, it would be hard to find the right difficulty balance. I think bad snaps would either happen way too often, or they would never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove