View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #46
MattIntellect
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: New Madden Information!!! (You gotta read this!!!)

Whenever I post, I always try to be respectful to whoever I'm communicating with and provide a meaningful debate about whatever topic is being discussed. I understand that this may be what OS wants to see from all of its members. For the most part, most post like this, but some aren't always consistent.
I've seen people with over 30,000 posts, who've been here for at least six or more years, just recently receive permanent bans for making one or very few mistakes.
The older system (that included infractions that led up to the permanent ban), seemed to work well to me. From my understanding, people were temporarily banned from a specific section of the main forums, and confined to one or very few for a set period of time. After that time, it could be expected that posters served their time and would be careful what they post.

I agree with all of the rules, but I scratch my head at instant permanent bans, especially for posters who've been credible for a long time.
Of course some posters deserve to be instantly banned when they do things completely unacceptable.

I just want to know the exact reasoning (beyond my opinion that I did not entirely give), of why this rule was implemented.

I can only think of the day when I am banned (not that I am anyone special) when I mess up.
Glad this is open for discussion.