View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #34
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Am i the only one that thinks Madden 12 is going to decent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMosinNagant
I think its going to be decent and I think its going to be the best madden to date but I don't think its going to be a great game.
I'd agree somewhat. Madden 12 should be the best football game ever, just by default. But I don't think it will be. We've already been hearing the excuses for what they didn't do this year (commentary, online franchise). Madden has the worst animations of any of the major sports titles (MLB2K11's baserunning animations are pretty bad). Defensive movement isn't even based off realistic movement; Madden defenders strafe just as fast as an offensive player moving full speed laterally. And offensive players zig-zag with ease. The game still doesn't have the ability to do on the fly double-team blocking; the OL/DL interaction overall is still pretty poor. Outside of the QB animations, there's no hint of individual signature style that's become commonplace in sports titles. To my knowledge there hasn't been a single significant gameplay innovation Madden's brought to the table this generation.

That said I do think Madden 12 will be good. DPP has a chance to be a significant addition if fostered properly. They've improved visual presentation significantly. But the game overall really isn't doing anything that we haven't seen already in other football games. Or worse, is still being done better in other football games. A lot of people have forgotten where games like NCAA 06 and NFL2K5 were last gen, or what games like APF and Backbreaker hinted to. Games that stand up relatively well - and shouldn't -today. It's just that expectations have been adjusted given how poorly Madden's performed overall this generation. No one really comes to Madden expecting a lot, and we should.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS