View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
CajunPunk
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon3 What I'd Like to See: Dynamic (Player-Specific) Injuries

Instead of there being only a high or low number for the INJ rating, I'd like to see real NFL players carry a tendency to certain injuries. For example, Aaron Rodgers is pretty durable for the most part, but he has had some concussion problems. It would be cool to see in the game that when he gets injured, more than likely, it would be a concussion injury, and his estimated time away from the game would be more realistic.

It seems there are a lot of broken collarbones or other strange injuries that happen at random. I understand that a lot of injuries may be random, but some players have lingering injuries, like Correll Buckhalter and his knee injuries, Reggie Bush and his knee and fibula injuries, Chad Pennington and his shoulder problems, Steve McNair and his lingering injuries, Steve Smith's litany of bumps and bruises, Joseph Addai, Early Doucet, Donovan McNabb, Matthew Stafford, etc.

I don't want to see Madden riddled with injuries, but those who are more injury prone should have injuries, when they happen, that reflect those sustained in real life.

Also, when scouting rookies, it would be great if a report were to come back about a player being injury prone and if the report would let us in on what kind of injury. I might think twice about drafting a RB who has a history of knee problems (Willis McGahee) or collarbone problems (Cadillac Williams), a QB with a history of shoulder problems (Colt McCoy), or a defensive end with knee problems (Da'Quan Bowers).

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove