View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
bloodyredsox
Rookie

OVR: 0
Slider Advice/Dont want to give up

Hey everyone,

I have been playing MLB The Show now since the very first day it was released in 2006. I love it, i really do from the graffics to all the diffrent types of games, and most of all season mode. Since i started playing this game i have played with default hitting sliders and adjusted the glodbal sliders as only needed. I felt last years version was by far the best version of any of the show series. I have played over 200 games so far since this years version was realeased, and i CAN NOT figuere this game out. I have litterally no clue what to do. I always play on All star level with pitching and hitting. I can not play on any other level its either far to easy or far to hard. Since Pcychobulk has realeased his sliders i always use his global sliders and use default hiting sliders. This is just not working.

I have continuously tweaked contact from 5 to 6, power from 4 to 5, and from timing hitting to zone. I'm almost certain that I want to play on zone as this is what I have done every year. I just cant get any consistent offense to matter what I try. These are the sliders I have been using for the most part.
Contact - 5 or 6
Human Power - 5 or 4
Human Timing - 5
Human Foul Frequency - 5
Human Solid Hits - 5
Human Starter Stamina - 5
Human Reliever Stamina - 2
Human Pitcher Control - 5
Human Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Contact - 5 or 6
CPU Power - 5 or 4
CPU Timing - 5
CPU Foul Frequency - 5
CPU Solid Hits - 5
CPU Starter Stamina - 5
CPU Reliever Stamina - 2
CPU Pitcher Control - 5
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Strike Frequency - 5
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 5
Pitch Speed - 5
Fielding Errors - 7
Throwing Errors - 5
Fielder Run Speed - 2
Fielder Reaction - 5
Fielder Arm Strength - 3
Baserunner Speed - 4
Baserunner Steal Ability - 4
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5
Wind - 3

I really do not like playing with sliders but the lack of offense and scores of games are so limited it has made just not want to play any more. Its not that I cant hit its that iv always been able to hit and hit very well, but for some reason I just cant get the hang of this years version. Although I can not say for sure this might be the dumbest thread iv ever read on this site, but I don't know what else to do. Whatever advise any one could give would be apreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove