TDenverFan
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: talent on roster @ start of dynasty vs. talent recruited players

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
Hi,

I'm currently doing a dynasty with Illinois and during my first (and 2nd btw) season there were three 4* recruits interested in joining Illinois, and all others were 3* or lower. Which seems to me that before i played a game in the dynasty the cpu ranks Illinois as a team that can maybe attract two or three 4* recruits but thats it.

However, when i compare that to the original roster then illinois has recruited a lot of players in the past who would have been ranked as 4 or even 5 star players.

In this roster Illinois has these players that imo are at least a 4* recruit:

QB (SO rs 85 ovr), HB (SR 84), FB (SO 75), WR (SR 84), WR (SO 76), LT (SR 86), LG (JR 83), C (JR rs 84), RE (JR 79), DT (SO rs 80), MLB (SO 80), CB (JR 81), FS (SO 75), K (SR 87), P (SO 78)

So my question is: How do you guys cope with this, because with the recruiting classes i'm having in the first 2 seasons (both top 25 classes, but 40 3* recruits and almost no 4* recruits) in 3-4 years my team will have 22 starters at +- 80 OVR, but no players at 85 or higher.

BTW, it is not really an issue for me in terms of playability of my dynasty since i edited my rosters at the start so that i started with a weaker roster (79 OVR) and don't allow myself to sign more then 2 4* recruits anyhow to make it harder to win, but i'm just interested if it's just me or that you have a problem with this as well?

Also, totally off topic but don't want to start a new thread for it: Have you guys ever noticed that there is almost not one 3* RB prospect out there with a carrying rating higher then C-, but like 80% of the 3* WR prospects have a carrying rating of B or higher..... Don't understand that one...
3* can come in from about 60-75 overall. So a 85 overall RS Sophomore isn't too crazy, and a 79 overall Junior could be a 2* player, honestly. An 84 Overall Senior is actually slightly below average, from what I've seen. SOme of these players probably were 4*,but none of them would be unrealistic 3*.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!