View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
ZekeRoberts
Pro

OVR: 11
i'm sorry but this really bugs me...

i posted this in someone's thread a couple weeks ago, but when i logged on today and saw the OS headline "...try some sliders from OSers..." i got my undergarments in a bunch and i wanna throw this out there...

Sliders are a part of the video game so that users can create a custom difficulty level, unique to themselves and their skills in different aspects of the game. If users choose to adjust them in search of the most realistic experience, then that's great, but everyone has their own skill levels.

why, then, does this subforum become a sort of popularity contest?

and i do not post this because i have posted a set that was "spurned" or ignored. once, in 2006 i think, i "threw my hat into the ring" and spent all of a couple hours later that week wondering why my experience based on countless hours with the game was not as valid as Jistic's or Playmaker's (just "legendary" names off the top of my head, no disrespect intended!)

i post this because i would really like to log on and see separate discussions about the different SLIDERS themselves, not the various "sets" created by the hallowed "gurus"

and again, honestly, no disrespect intended, i just think that it's really time-consuming, not to mention misleading, to come on here and wade through twenty different threads to try to get a better sense of what to do to make the game play better for YOU

i GET it, changing one slider can affect the effects (and yes i know what i'm spelling) of another slider, so it is only fair that you present your entire "set" as you report your findings to the community...

but is there any reason that we can't have threads entitled "QB Accuracy," "RB Ability," "Rush Defense," etc.? then we could go into one of these threads and find something like:

"I have RBA set at 60 for the CPU, because they run more North-South that way, but be aware that their stiff-arms are more powerful there, so you might want to turn up HUM Tackling. I brought mine up from 40 to 45."

sorry if this is a bothersome rant, and if no one else feels this way then this thread will just fall by the wayside, but i guess at the very least i think it would be a fair compromise if the Mods could create two subforums: "Slider Sets" and "Slider Discussion"

Last edited by ZekeRoberts; 08-19-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: grammar, not spelling :)
Advertisements - Register to remove