View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #62
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden 12 Ustream retail version Saints@Falcons(recorded today)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I suggest you do some research before you make such statements like the ones you just made. None of the people I quoted were very impressed with the last few Madden games, I personally hated Madden 11, but am loving 12. Second of all just because you're a GameChanger doesn't mean you aren't sim. A couple of the guys who are GameChangers actually wrote the strategy guide for Madden this year. One of them has spent over 200 hours with the game and says he can't get enough of it and he hated Madden 11.
All I am saying is I have seen how it works with Madden. Every year we hear how "E3 vids don't do the game justice, the community guys that played it swear it's great". Then the demo drops and it's "the demo is an old build and not a true representation of the retail" and then "well the retail has some bugs, but when the patch gets here, the game will be great".

Also, I never said there wasn't sim ballers in the game changers program and don't know any of them personally, but I know they get wine and dined by EA, they get invited to special events, and they get copies of the game before release date for free. I don't believe people in that position can offer a truly unbiased review of the game at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I know people must think I flippantly make these statements about Madden 12 as if I just have a thing for Madden and am not willing to see its faults. I've spent more time talking to people and watching videos of Madden 12 and posting videos of it, well over 100 videos on these forums than I probably ever will again. It seems like no matter how little people actually know about this game they are just going to be stubborn and are going to see things their own way no matter what you tell/show them. The game isn't perfect, but no sports game is and at the end of the day if people have nothing better to do than complain then I'm just going to let them and maybe if people like myself will stop arguing with you then all you ignorant Madden haters will just go away. I'm beyond tired of it. Come back on the 30th if you want to talk, oh wait you'll all be too busy playing Madden 12.
You make statements about what others have told how you they felt about the game. Other than that, you are just going by vids and the demo just like me. You even posted earlier in this thread yourself that this vid looks exactly the same as the demo just like I did. If you love the demo, great. You will probably love the retail version. I thought the demo was just decent. I think the retail version will be the same.

Finally, I am not a Madden *****, I loved the ps2 version and play madden 08 to this day. I also already have Madden 12 paid for with a free toysrus gift I card I got by trading in credit card points. You are right, August 30th, I will have a copy of Madden 12 in my ps3.