Old 08-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
MrHyde
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WTF is wrong with Special Teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I've been extremely satisfied with this year's game but my nagging issue is with special teams as well, but not with the kicking game. My problem is and has been all current gen the lack of blocked kicks. There was a year last gen towards the end of the console cycle when EA implemented the special teams cam, almost the same as the defensive lock cam option we have now. What I noticed back then was timing on kicks would not always be picture perfect. There were high snaps sometimes and you would see the kicker hesitate in order to wait for the spotter to position the ball. This extra time usually led to blocked kick chances and made the game feel so dynamic from the special teams POV. This feature is needed current gen its been gone too long.
I saw a blocked extra point last night in a CPU vs CPU game.Houston at San Diego State on All American.I couldn't believe it when it happened as I've never seen one before that.I've been messing with the sliders and maybe it has something to do with Pass Blocking or Run Blocking as I have them set between 20-25.Just a theory and Speed Threshold at 40.Who knows if that has something to do with it.