View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
mjhyankees
MVP

OVR: 9
If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

.....they'd get blasted as well. I was reminded of this in another discussion where other games (non sports) were brought up. Anyone here that knows me knows I'm not a Madden apologist (I've griped ad nauseum about franchise mode and still do) but that I'm an avid player who actually ENJOYS the game each year despite it's flaws (because it still does some things right).

I have played some other games in depth although I'm not a big gamer overall...mostly madden.....but there are some popular titles I've played and either finished or got fed up with and returned (probably because I sucked) but as I played one last night I felt compelled to comment on things I notice.

Yes Madden has it's issues with warping and psychic DB's and poor crowd representation (graphically and auditorialy - sp?) but so do these other games. I've had games where the character swims faster that a boat could be rowed, able to scale a wall like spiderman (and he's not spiderman), run around a city and not be able to enter any buildings, be killed and come back to life 1000x (talk about unrealistic - most first person shooters require you to suspend your belief in mortality - of course the bad guys don't come back to life when you do them in), storms that appear out of nowhere.......

I could go on and on....the fact is EVERY game has flaws and lacks "real life" performance yet we seem to accept them far more than Madden's...why is that?

And maybe there are sites out there that shred these games as well- I don't know, never visited. But it seems Madden will be criticized for having the wrong facemask on a guy...yet other games have the wrong cars (a new model that wasn't sold until AFTER the time period the game ends in), the wrong weapon, or clothing (wrong uniform say for an Army Ranger - IDK - just saying)....

EA deserves criticism when they make decisions on what is or is not "in the game" without listening to the fans (and kudos this year for adding stuff people have been asking for....even if it's not particularly what I wanted). They deserve criticism for not fixing a problem that occurs year after year. Or for releasing a game with faulty stat engines etc.

THey do face something that most games don't have to deal with...a time limit. Now one could argue that they should hire enough people, spend enough money etc. to get it right within that period...good point. But other than a sports game there are usually no time limits for release. Black ops could have come out 1 month, 2 months or even 6 months later than planned....but Madden has do be done before the NFL season starts...that's a huge factor to me.

Anyway, as usual I'm getting long winded...pardon me.....but let's keep telling EA what we want fixed, added, deleted etc. But let's keep it real folks.....this game holds up for what it is...about as well as any other. Not saying that some aren't better....but as close to real life as most games. Now if they could only bring back Tony Bruno.....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove