View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Tomba
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Exclamation Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works(Updates Throughout Thread)

UPDATE: MADDEN 11 Settings at the bottom of first post

If acceleration is EVER above a players top speed you are going to have warping, time travel like gameplay from all players. You will have players trying to tackle from 20 yards out. Step overs will turn into big leaps over players. Gang tackling will look like it crumples-meaning it will look like it jitters.

Ratings wise this might not be right, but I believe top speed is all you need.

say for example(and I've tested this except I'm not like Versuz2 where I'll show you a baby spoon fed vid)

If a RB top speed is at 90. never should his acceleration be above 70. harsh I know but it makes WORLD of diff when you see this in-game.

You basically make sure the top speed is 20 less than the speed

If you start applying this to all players (of course based off of ratings of the top speed meaning say if their 93 then they're 73)

RB 90 70
FB 84 64
LB 76 56
and so on and so forth

The game engine plays absolutely beautifully then. It's truly amazing. It kills all the hesitation animations all the post play hurry ups and get up and gos etc. It works.
Madden 11 Settings
All Line backers offensive and defensive lineman
Strength down by 30 from whatever the player already has
Example: 84 = 54

All Players

Acceleration down by 30 from whatever the speed of the player is
Example 94 speed = 64 acceleration

All of the offensive and defensive lineman,linebackers,cornerbacks and safeties

Agility down by 30

Game Speed Slow

60 Threshold
Tackling Sliders 60/70 (Human/CPU)

Running Ability Slider needs to be tweaked to your liking.

List of Fixes this does:
1) Kick offs are better spaced. meaning players are not all rushing to the middle to get a kick punt returner. Defenders no longer run by or jump by piles because they no longer try from 20 yards out to tackle. Players realistically get 'stuck' or guard better at the line and don't make it down field so easily.

Also and this is true after every play is stopped. SOMEHOW players no longer jump up and run off they just casually move away instead of the super fast getting back to the sideline action we've been used to.

2) Pitch out run plays look more realistic and are guard like they should be. Good pitch out now happen 1 out of every 4 or 3 plays like they should.

3)Tackling in general is better looking. No more hiccups when players collide

4)Sideline catches are made better and over the top catches are reduced and catches in general happen at the knees at the shoulders etc. really cool stuff

4) Goaline play is actually slow! I mean you can throw and defenders are wondering what you're gonna do. They wait for the throw or for the motion to develop. looks better.

5) players no longer have that annoying hunchback look. they stand up straight.

6)NO one accelerates or warps onto plays anymore. everything is handled depending on how close you are to the play. Nobody's flying in any more on plays and getting tripped up..This is in part due to strength and acceleration NOT being so high as well

7) Eliminates, or cuts down on defensive backs skating and shifting into position for interceptions and tips they don't JUMP anymore into int and swats. it looks normal now

Last edited by Tomba; 08-23-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove